Well, we did it. The opening of Two Horse Gallery took place over the weekend. Many thanks to all of our friends and family who were able to join us, despite some not so great weather. I don’t think that too many people were aware that as of dinner time the evening before, there was not one stick of furniture or piece of art in the building and the lighting was perhaps about halfway done. (Have you ever stopped to think about how many freaking lights there are in an art gallery? The next Hydro bill is likely to be a little scary.) Anyway… as John worked away at the lights, I spent all of Friday evening lugging stuff from the house to the gallery and started getting things set up. Thank goodness the evening was mild and dry, so being outside with all of the art pieces was not an issue. We finally called it quits at 1:00 am and headed to bed with all of the photos and paintings still left to hang.

Back up at 6:00 am, we got right back at it. It really was the classic “done in the nick of time” scenario, as we both managed to change out of our grubbies right around the time the first guests began to arrive. In no time the place was packed with people and I do believe the final product was “a little bit of alright”. Everyone seemed to be chatting and enjoying themselves, helped along by the wine and goodies no doubt, (kinda like in my dream) but hey, whatever works. Some were even kind enough to make some purchases, for which we are especially grateful. Some of you are going to get some very nice Christmas presents! The afternoon flew by and before we knew it John and I were alone again in a house that looked like a hurricane had passed through it and have to admit, were very relieved it was over with. Frankly, we were beat. Neither of us managed to stay awake very long after that, but although exhausted, we were both very happy with the events of the day.

Now the hard part, finding ways to get people coming through for all the rest of the Saturdays yet to come. Hard to believe that getting the place open is just the tip of the iceberg. Now is also the time to focus (pardon the pun) on promoting John’s photography business (Mixed Mediography Inc).

So thank you again from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who came out to support us on Saturday. Tell everyone you’ve ever met that this is the place to come for lovely art pieces and wonderful, one of a kind gifts. I’ll keep you all posted on how things are going.